Christine originally came to me to learn how to use her current WordPress.org website. Slice of Life Tours – a unique tours website.
Unfortunately, she was unable to because of the way it was built. Sadly this happens a lot. The website was built so that only a developer could update it and not an everyday person. She wanted to be able to change basic things but could not. We decided the best option for her to save money was to change the theme/design so she had to options to edit what she needed, without paying expensive fees to the developer.
We built this site together over several sessions with – 1 on 1 WordPress Training.
Check out the Slice of Life Tours Website
What we covered in the course
- We started by setting up a test site (on her hosting) to keep her current website live until we had finished the new website.
- Installed & configured WordPress.
- Copied over her current pages and blog posts to the test site.
We completed the following:
- We bought a theme from themeforest.net that Christine loved.
- It was a big improvement from the current live site.
- It was more appealing and had more options in the backend for Christine to add.
- We created the unique homepage layout, which the client now has the ability to change as often as she likes.
- She doesn’t have to pay $500-$1000 to a web developer for every modification she needs. She can do it herself!!
- Christine bought images and got free ones from royalty free sites like – pexels.com.
- Christine became more inspired by the new design of her website.
- Knowing that it wasn’t going to cost her a lot to change it to what she wanted.
- So she added lots more pages.
- Created all sorts of layouts for the pages.
- Added lots of tours with specifications.
- The theme was built for a tours/travel website, so we populated the different sections of the website.
- Christine learnt how to do all of this herself.
This website was quite a big job and Christine is still updating it herself on a regular basis.
Christine from Slice of Life Tours also had some SEO/Google Training, to learn how to to get her website listed in Google on the first page for certain keywords related to her unique tours. This is a crucial part of marketing a website, to get traffic and customers.
The site looks amazing – we are very proud of Christine’s accomplishment.