Jo and Michele from Psychological Health Centre needed a basic website set up for their new business. They needed to build a website suitable for a clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy DBT.
They decided that the Build your own WordPress Website course was the best course for their needs. In this course, we all worked together to build the site.
They had no web or design experience, just a few websites they liked the look of. They did have their logo pre-made.
What we covered in the training
- Installed and set up WordPress on Quadra Hosting.
- Set up 3 customised emails – eg. [email protected]
- Installed the Divi theme [which we give you for free in this course].
- Divi is a premium theme – valued at $100 AUS dollars.
- Jo and Michele had a few websites they liked the look of.
- Which we used as a guide [for design only] to build their website.
- They wanted a simple home page.
- With an image, some contact text and a contact button.
- The goal was, for the user to contact them immediately after landing on their homepage.
- We got some free images from www.pexels.com
- Jo and Michelle also learned how to make his images smaller for the web.
- To ensure all their pages would load quickly for the user.
- We used reduceimages.com to reduce the file size of the images.
- Jo and Michele learnt how to add page content with the Divi builder.
- They are confident enough to add more content and manage the site after just one session of 3 hours.
- Because their site was very straightforward and had nothing complicated to set up the website went live after only 3 hours.
- We also added some generic plugins including;
- Security – to keep the site safe from hackers.
- Anti-spam – to ensure no bad comments.
- In session two, we will go over how to make the website Google friendly with SEO techniques.
- Using the Yoast SEO plugin.
- And they will learn how to update the plugins, WordPress and the Divi theme to keep their site functioning properly.
Check out the website.
Please share on your social media.