Jo and Michele from Psychological Health Centre needed a basic website set up for their new business. They needed to build a website suitable for clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy DBT.
They decided that the Setting up a WordPress Website course was the best course for their needs. In this course, we all worked together to build the site.
They had no web or design experience, just a few websites they liked the look of. They did have their logo pre-made.
What we covered in the training
- Installed and set up WordPress on Quadra hosting.
- Set up 3 customised emails – eg. email@example.com
- Installed the Divi theme [which we give you for free in this course].
- Divi is a premium theme – valued over $100 AUS dollars.
- Jo and Michele had a few websites they liked the look of.
- Which we used as a guide [for design only] to build their website.
- They wanted a simple home page.
- With an image, some contact text and a contact button.
- The goal was, for the user to contact them immediately after landing on their home page.
- We got some free images from www.pexels.com
- Jo and Michelle also learned how to make his images smaller for web.
- To ensure all their pages would load quickly for the user.
- We used reduceimages.com to reduce the file size of the images.
- Jo and Michele learnt how to add page content with the Divi builder.
- They are confident enough to add more content and manage the site after just one session of 3 hours.
- Because their site was very straight forward and had nothing complicated to set up the website went live after only 3 hours.
- We also added some generic plugins including;
- Security – to keep the site safe from hackers.
- Anti-spam – to ensure no bad comments.
- In session two, we will go over how to make the website Google friendly with SEO techniques.
- Using the Yoast SEO plugin.
- And they will learn how to update the plugins, WordPress and the Divi theme to keep their site functioning properly.
Check the website.
Please share on your social media.