Anna Agostino did our Build a WordPress Website course. She is an entrepreneur and her mission is to “help you build a life you love and to live life on your terms”.
Anna Agostino comes from an entrepreneurial & marketing background. She already had an eye for design and business. Anna wanted to create a beautiful website that expresses her ability to help other businesses and entrepreneurs.
What we covered in the training
- Installed and set up WordPress.
- Installed a premium WordPress theme called Divi.
- We give you DIVI for FREE with the course.
- Anna already had a vision of what design she wanted.
In the first session;
- We set up the home page, about, contact and blog.
- Anna sources her own images.
- We used reduceimages.com to reduce the file size of the images.
- Anna learnt how to use the Divi builder, which allows you to control the layout of each page.
- So you can customise each page to whatever you like.
- We had the site live after the second session.
- We added some “must have” plugins including;
- Security – to keep the site safe from hackers.
- Anti-spam – to ensure no bad comments.
- In session two, we fine-tuned the website.
- Added Social Media.
- Anna then learnt how to use the Yoast SEO plugin.
- The Yoast plugin gives you a guide on how to set up your site for Google.
- SEO – search engine optimisation is an important part of building a website.
- We can help you do SEO in this course – SEO Training
- Anna also learnt how to keep the site up to date, i.e. plugins, the theme and WordPress.
- Which is very important to keep everything working properly.
- I’m very proud of Anna’s site, it looks amazing!!
Check out the Anna Agostino website.
Please share on your social media.