Anna Agostino did our Build a WordPress Website course. She is an entrepreneur and her mission is to “help you build a life you love and to live life on your terms”.
Anna Agostino comes from an entrepreneurial & marketing background. She already had an eye for design and business. Anna wanted to create a beautiful website that expresses her ability to help other businesses and entrepreneurs.
What we covered in the training
- Installed and set up WordPress.
- Installed a premium WordPress theme called Divi.
- We give you DIVI for FREE with the course.
- Anna already had a vision of what design she wanted.
In the first session;
- We set up the home page, about, contact and blog.
- Anna sources her own images.
- We used reduceimages.com to reduce the file size of the images.
- Anna learnt how to use the Divi builder, which allows you to control the layout of each page.
- So you can customise each page to whatever you like.
- We had the site live after the second session.
- We added some “must have” plugins including;
- Security – to keep the site safe from hackers.
- Anti-spam – to ensure no bad comments.
- In session two, we fine-tuned the website.
- Added Social Media.
- Anna then learnt how to use the Yoast SEO plugin.
- The Yoast plugin gives you a guide on how to set up your site for Google.
- SEO – search engine optimisation is an important part of building a website.
- We can help you do SEO in this course – SEO Training
- Anna also learnt how to keep the site up to date, i.e. plugins, the theme and WordPress.
- Which is very important to keep everything working properly.
- I’m very proud of Anna’s site, it looks amazing!!
Check out the Anna Agostino website.
Click the link for more information about this Build a WordPress Website course.
Written by Jodi Allbon 2017
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.