DEPA NSW came to us for some 1 on 1 WordPress Training (2 hours). Her current site was really old and outdated. In the 2 hours, our goal was to re-design the site to made it look more professional. Being a dance school, they needed the website design to reflect the creativity and fun of their business.
Amanda from DEPA had a deadline to get the website finished in a few days. So we tried to complete as much as possible in the training. The old site was in WordPress, so we just needed to change over the theme to Divi and create some new layouts.
Amanda already had some experience with WordPress. That’s why we achieved so much in the 2 hours.
What we covered in the WordPress Training
- Amanda had already done some basics;
- Set up the hosting.
- Created some basic pages and layouts.
- But this will change once we add the new theme.
What we did in 2 hours
- Uploaded a new theme called DIVI from Elegant Themes.
- Divi is a premium theme.
- And extremely versatile for creating and managing different layouts.
- Once Divi was installed, we could start creating new page layouts.
- We created a custom home page.
- Including an image at the top.
- Created several boxes to emphasise certain services.
- Added a navigation menu.
- Added the logo.
- A Contact form.
- A blog.
- Lastly, we added a membership area.
- So the users could access private downloads.
- We used a free membership plugin.
- That’s one of the most amazing things about WordPress.
- There are so many free plugins to use.
- Allowing the owner of the website to add functionality that otherwise would cost a fortune to develop.
- We did a lot in the 2 hours.