Whitebeard is a Middle Grade (Ages 8-12) children’s fantasy novel. The team from Whitebeard came to us wanting to build their own site. Obviously to save money but most importantly to have control over their layout and design and to learn how to manage the site ongoing. Their website design is fun, playful, colorful and aimed at children.
They attended our 1 to 1 training to Build your own WordPress website course. We designed and built the site over 2 sessions of 3 hours each. We also used the DIVI them which was complimentary with the course booking. Matt from Whitebeard had no prior web design skills, so we are very proud of their final design.
Check out the Divi theme here [this is an affiliate link].
This is the new website “Whitebeard” built in only 6 hours fo training
What we did in the training
- Set up WordPress on Quadra Hosting
- Installed Divi and set up the main features of the theme
- Added the main pages
- Created a blog and added several posts with images
- Create the navigation menu
- Custom designed the homepage
- All the artwork was done by Whitebeard
- Created custom layouts for all the other pages
- Added a newsletter signup with Mailchimp
- Added a contact form
- Fine-tuned the mobile version of each page – this was easy with Divi
- Added basic SEO to each page, so people could find the site in Google,
- Including setting up the Yoast SEO plugin
- Adding regular blog posts and
- How to create backlinks
Whitebeard was happy with the results as they got exactly what they wanted and learnt how to edit and update the site. Saving them thousands that they can allocate to marketing their amazing novel.
We wish them all the best with their launch!
Check out the Whitebeard website – https://www.whitebeard.com.au/
Written by Jodi Allbon 2018
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.