WordPress has many advantages over other web software
What is WordPress you ask? Check out some of the main reasons below why you should consider WP for your website.
- The software is FREE.
- You can make a website or a blog.
- You create a professional website with endless functionality through plugins.
- WP has great ecommerce plugins.
- It is a Content Management System (CMS). Meaning you can update and manage your own content.
- WP is scalable and can grow with your business.
- Its user friendly and you don’t need any web design skills.
- You don’t need to be a web designer to use WordPress.
What makes WordPress so special?
Google loves WordPress
- WP is Google friendly!
- 93% of Australians use Google!
- It’s great for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). Search Engine Optimisation means; making your website readable to the search engines.
- It has in built areas that allow the website owner to add the essential elements of SEO easily and effectively.
- WP also has many brilliant SEO plugins that makes it super easy for the website owner to add SEO to their site.
- WP has thousands of FREE plugins. Plugins simply means functionality.
- You can add anything to a WordPress website; such as shopping cart, booking system, event planners, members login. The possibilities are endless!
- WordPress has thousands of FREE themes; offering the website owner versatility in the look and feel of their website at a click of a button.
- Plugins and themes can transform your website into any type of site you want.
What is WordPress to the world?
- WP is becoming the most popular FREE website software available in the world!
- It’s easy to install.
- The software is FREE and will be free forever.
- The WordPress admin is user friendly.
- The WordPress plugins and themes give the website owner the ability to change the look and feel of their website whenever they need too.
- To update your content all you need to do is log into your WordPress admin; update and click a button to publish live.
What is WordPress to the Search Engines?
WordPress can really give your website a boost to get you the search results you want! Here are some reasons why WordPress can help you get your website ranked well with the search engines.
- You can add posts in WordPress; in other words you can write lots articles about the topics in your website.
- This is seen by the search engines as fresh content.
- Search engines love fresh content; because it shows your website is active and busy being updated regularly.
- Writing good articles/posts and giving away free advice and stories is the best way to attract potential visitors to your website.
- Your posts don’t have to be very long; about 300-500 words.
- Your posts should reflect the content of your website.
- Posts can be funny, informative or about anything related to the content of your website.
- WordPress has areas in the wp-admin that allows you to easily add keywords.
- WordPress has lots of amazing FREE SEO plugins; that can guide you to optimise your website.
- If you want to make a successful online business and rank well with Google; WordPress can help you on your way.
WordPress was first released on May 27, 2003, by Matt Mullenweg.
Check out how many people all around the world are using WordPress – WordPress Stats
Original content written by Jodi Allbon 2013
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.