Cathy from What Cathy Made came and did our 1 on 1 WordPress Training for 2 hours. In the 2 hours, we accomplished a lot.
Cathy had the site already set up in WordPress.com. She wanted to move it to WordPress.org to take advantage of all the plugins and over 4000 free themes and unlimited paid themes that you can use.
Again we used the Divi theme for it’s flexibility in layout. Click here to view – Divi by Elegant Themes.
What we covered in the training
- Exported her content from WordPress.com.
- Imported the content into her WordPress.org website.
- She already had bought hosting from Digital Pacific.
- Installed the Divi theme.
- Built the unique home page layout based on Cathy’s ideas.
- Added SEO title tags and descriptions for all pages.
- Added SEO to images.
- Connected her Social Media. Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Creating her Blog and adding this to the home page.
- A Mailchimp newsletter signup.
- Some fine tuning of the page layouts.
- And a contact form.
- Lastly – changed the domain name to point to the new website on WordPress.org.
Cathy already had a shop set up with another third party eCommerce site, so we just linked it to this site.
The site looks lovely. Check out the website – whatcathymade.com.au