Ally from WFAANZ needed a completely new website built in WordPress. As the current website was built in Adobe Catalyst, which was being made redundant. So we had to build a completely new site in a short amount of time. The site needed a members directory for their window tinters. Most importantly, the website needed to look modern and look good on a mobile phone. As the current site did not.
Ally did our 1 on 1 Build a WordPress Website course over 3 days. Each day was 3 hours each.
This is the new WFAANZ website
This was the old site
Day 1 – training
The first thing we did was set the site up on Quadra Hosting. We use these guys all the time, so know they are a reliable hosting company. With great support!
- Next, we installed Divi.
- We use Divi a lot because it’s easy to use page builder.
- A page builder allows you to add any type of layout to the page.
- Including sliders, images, text boxes, buttons and more.
- We had quite a lot of work to do.
- Including creating page layouts for all the pages.
- The best feature of the Divi theme is you can copy page layouts.
- So this made it a bit less time-consuming.
Day 2 – training
- The first thing we did was research a plugin for the window tinters members directory.
- We found one called the Sabai Directory plugin.
- Click here to view. This was a paid plugin and as you can see it’s not that expensive.
- And its a great little plugin for displaying members details.
- So it took the entire 3 hours to set this up.
- As we had to import all the members from the old site to the new site.
- We did this by mapping the old CSV file to the CSV file in the directory.
Day 3 – training
- We finalised all the page layouts.
- And also installed a members login.
- So the members (tinters) could log in to view documents and videos.
- Next, we completed the footer.
- Added some widgets for Social Media and links.
- And added a contact form.
- Lastly, we made the site live.
Ally is confident to keep adding content to the site and managing the member’s directory.