Ian from Waterups came to Let’s Build a Website to learn how to re-design his current website. Ian did our 1 on 1 WordPress Training. Although the design of his current website was nice, the theme was unmanageable. The theme was coded and customised so it was too hard for Ian to change things, so we decided to change it to Divi. Divi is amazing as you can create any type of layout with the builder. We give the Divi theme to all our students for free, no matter how many hours you book. Ian and I re-built the structure of his site in a few hours.
Ian had no web design skills, but he did a great job of redesigning his website over a few weeks with our help.
This is the website with the new design built with Divi
What we did in the training
- Set up a test site
- Installed Divi into the test site
- Exported most of the content from the old site to the new site using a plugin
- Set up new pages
- Added Social Media
- Redesigned the home page with the Divi builder
- Created custom layouts for all the main pages
- Set up a shop to sell Waterup’s products
- Installed and set up the Woocommerce plugin
- Added some products
- Set up the shipping
- Created a blog
- Created sliders and image galleries
- Added a contact form and a FAQs page
Finally, we showed Ian how to write posts to bring visitors to his new site. The best thing about the training is Ian learnt on the job. He not only learned how to build a site but how to edit and add content whenever he needs to. In the long run, this will save valuable time and money. No need to wait days if not weeks for a developer to do small things he can do himself.
Ian continued to work on the site and it is now live and selling Waterup products. What a brilliant job!
Check out Waterup’s website – https://www.waterups.com.au/
Written by Jodi Allbon 2018