Jules from Urban Love Life needed urgent help setting up her website that she had already started. Jules did 2 hours of one on one WordPress training. We worked on the site together for only 2 hours. Jules will continue to write blogs about her interesting travels spots and accessories.
What we covered in the training
- WordPress was already set up and installed.
- So we just needed to choose a theme to work with.
- We decided to use the Divi theme by Elegant Themes.
- We gave Divi to Jules for FREE with her training.
What we did in the training;
- Jules only wanted to set up a home page and a Blog for now.
- So we add a home page.
- And customised the layout using the Divi page builder.
- We added a logo.
- Jules had her own images that she took from her camera.
- So we have to reduce the file size for a speedy website.
- We did this reduceimages.com.
- We added a Blog section on the home page.
- This was customised using CSS and using this tutorial from the Divi soup website.
Jules loved the special effects from this tutorial. See the image below.
We added some “must have” plugins including;
- Security – to keep the site safe from hackers.
- Anti-spam – to ensure no bad comments.
- We added content to the footer of the site.
- A recent posts widget, Instagram and Categories from the Blog.
- Jules will continue to add to the website as her business grows.
Check out Urban Love Life’s website.
Please share on your social media.