What we covered in the training
- WordPress was already set up and installed.
- So we just needed to choose a theme to work with.
- We decided to use the Divi theme by Elegant Themes.
- We gave Divi to Jules for FREE with her training.
What we did in the training;
- Jules only wanted to set up a homepage and a Blog for now.
- So we add a home page.
- And customising the layout using the Divi page builder.
- We added a logo.
- Jules had her own images that she took from her camera.
- So we have to reduce the file size for a speedy website.
- We did this reduceimages.com.
- We added a Blog section on the homepage.
- This was customised using CSS and using this tutorial from the Divi soup website.
- Jules learnt how to add blog posts, featured images and links to her posts.
- Perfect for her to share her articles on Social Media, which is what her main goal was.
Jules loved the special effects from this tutorial. See the image below.
We added some “must have” plugins including;
- Security – to keep the site safe from hackers.
- Anti-spam – to ensure no bad comments.
- We added content to the footer of the site.
- A recent posts widget, Instagram and Categories from the Blog.
- Jules will continue to add to the website as her business grows.
Check out the Urban Love Life website.
Please share on your social media.