Do you need to set up an email in CPanel?
Follow these easy steps to set up an email.
- Login to CPanel
- These details are found in an email from your hosting company
- They are usually the same login details as your hosting account
- CPanel address is yourwebsite.com/cpanel
- Once you are inside CPanel
- Locate the Mail section – see image below
- Click on Email Accounts
Fill in the Email details
- Email: add an email preference
- Password: Add a strong password
- Use the password generator
- A strong password should be:
- At least 15 characters long
- Contain numbers and letters e.g. 5 or a
- Contain a capital letter e.g. H
- Contain a special character e.g. $
- Write the password down or save it in Notepad on your computer
- Click Create Account
- See image below
- Once the new email account is created
- You will see it appear in the box below
- This is where you can edit the password or delete it
- You can also get the settings to create the same email account in a third party email client like Outlook
- See image below
- Select the More button at the end – see image below
- Select Configure Email Client
- This will give you all the settings you need to set up your email in Outlook
- IMAP is the best option for email
- You will require the following credentials to st up your email in Outlook
- Username: youremail
- Password: the new password you just created
- Incoming Server: what ever is listed on this page
- Outgoing Server: what ever is listed on this page
- You can then just add these to your Outlook settings under the new account section
Written by Jodi Allbon 2014
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View her credentials here.