Learn how to remove a page from Google’s search results.
Do you want to remove a page from Google’s search results because it’s inappropriate for your business or personal reputation or creditability?
Have you ever searched your name or business and found a listing in the Google search results that you didn’t even know existed or didn’t realise was listed in Google.
Google has several tools to help you remove a page from Google’s search results.
You will need to get a FREE Google account to have access to Google’s Webmaster Tools
Steps to remove a page from Google
Request removal of an entire page:
- Go to the Google public URL removal tool
- Click New Removal Request
- Type the URL of the web page you want removed (not the Google search results URL or cached page URL). The URL is case-sensitive—use exactly the same characters and capitalization that the site uses.
- Click Continue
- Click Remove this page
Contact the website owner to remove a page in Google
You can also contact the web master or the owner of the website that has the information you want deleted and ask them to kindly remove the web page that is listed in Google. In your email make sure you include the URL or page name you want deleted.
How do I find the page URL of page name?
In order for Google to remove the page, you must enter the exact URL that you found in the Google search results.
- Go to the page you want removed in Google
- Click on the blue link to open the page – see image below
- It should open the page in your Internet browser
- Go to the top of the page to the www.nameof website.com…. (this will be the name of the website)
- Highlight the web address/page URL
- Right click > Copy
- Go to your email and paste the website address into your email
Deleting a page from Google make take a few months until the cached version of the web page is removed. If after a few months the page is still listed in Google, you will have to repeat the same process again!
Original content written by Jodi Allbon 2013