One on One WordPress Training
Our one on one WordPress training is suitable for anyone who needs WordPress skills or needs a WordPress tutor to help with their website.
Someone may have built the site for you, but you have no idea how to use it.
We will check the website before your training to ensure, we can help you achieve what you need to learn.
Learn all about your WordPress website in a few short hours.
1 on 1 WordPress training can be performed in our office,
your office [CBD] or via Skype.
Located in Pyrmont [CBD], Neutral Bay & Northern Beaches.
One on One WordPress Training may include;
Installing WordPress from scratch and setting up a basic site.
Moving your website from one host to another.
Updating the WordPress files.
Updating your theme.
Backing up & adding security to your website.
Changing the design of your website.
Installing a new theme.
Customising your theme.
Adding Social Media to your website.
Adding testimonials, events, memberships.
Setting up a shopping cart and its products.
We can help with anything WordPress!
You can also learn
How to research and set up plugins.
Create pages and posts.
Edit images so they are web friendly.
Upload images to pages and posts.
Insert a YouTube video.
Make an image gallery or slideshow.
How to make your website Google Friendly.
SEO for WordPress.
Edit and manage products.
How to use a page builder plugin to create interesting layouts.
How to fixing any WordPress issues.
One on One WordPress Training Information
One on one WordPress training rates
Neutral Bay, Pyrmont
- $220 for 2 hours.
- Minimum of 2 hours.
- If you come to us, we charge you LESS.
In your office – Sydney CBD only
- $290 for 2 hours includes travel fee.
- Minimum of 2 hours.
- $110 per hour for additional hours.
- Travel fee is exempt for certain areas of the Northern Beaches.
- Ongoing support for $95 p/h.
- $90 per hour.
- Minimum of 1 hour.
- $45 for each half hour after the one hour.
- This must be paid before the training.
Please note we use Skype to perform online training.
- All you have to do is install Skype.
- Whichever is easier for you.
- Then we give you access to our computer.
- So there are NO privacy issues for you.
- Then we can give you the 1 on 1 WordPress training live.
- No need to leave your home.
- We will call you on your mobile or home phone.
- The training needs to be a minimum of one hour.
What if I need more training?
- We offer half an hour increments at $45 per half hour.
How does 1 on 1 training work?
Send us an email us, call 0408 406 785 or fill in the form below to discuss your WordPress training.
We tutor in all types of WordPress issues.
- Send us a brief list of what you want to achieve in the training.
- Add as much detail as possible, so we can prepare for your training.
- We book your training on a day that suits YOU.
- We also provide OUT of OFFICE hours training VIA Skype Share Screen.
- You need to book a minimum of 2 hours for face to face training.
- Bring your WordPress login details and anything else you may need to add to your website.
- Sometimes we may request your hosting details if we need to backup your site.
- We will send you an invoice for the training session.
- Payment must be made before the training.
- If you need more training, then you can simply book in another session.
What we can help you with
Our one on one training can help you with the following:
- We can help you create new pages.
- Add text and images.
- How to make images a smaller file size for a speedy website.
- Add hyperlinks, email and PDF links.
- Add videos.
- How to format content for Google and the user.
- How to add headings for Google and to make your text scannable for the reader.
- How to test and fix the speed of your website.
Transferring a site from wordpress.com. to wordpress.org
- Some people set up on wordpress.com because it is free. But may realise they need more plugins or more theme choice for their website. This is when they will need to move over to wordpress.org.
- WordPress.org is free to use as well but you need to pay for hosting and your domain name.
- We can do this together in a few short hours.
Setting up a new theme
- We get this a lot. WordPress themes can be complex to set up especially if you buy a premium theme. It has many options. This can be frustrating for some people and may take you hours, weeks if not months to work out on your own. We can help you in sort this our in the training.
Setting up a plugin
- We get this a lot too! Some plugins can be tricky to set up. We can help you set them up. This may include setting up the main feature of a shop, shipping, PayPal. It may include setting up a membership site, events site, restaurant and more.
- We can even teach you how to set up the SEO plugin for WordPress.
- We can show you how to connect your website to Google to make sure they can read and scan your site properly.
- Also how to set up Google Analytics on your site.
Need a Blog?
- We can help you set up your blog and teach you how to use it, and share it on Social Media.
Add Social Media
- We can show you how to connect your Social Media.
This is just a basic overview of what we can help you with, in our 1 on 1 WordPress training.
Click here to inquire about anything else you think you need help with.
Additional Website Work
- Payments must be made at least 1 day before the training.
- We will send you an invoice with bank details.
- You can pay by bank transfer.
- You may pay cash on the day of training.
- We need to receive a payment receipt in order to commence your training.
- If you can’t pay before the training please contact us and we can work something out for you!
- Skype training must be paid before your Skype session and payment confirmation sent.
WordPress Support – email or phone
If you don’t need any WordPress Training but you just want to get some WordPress issues fixed, we offer WordPress Support.
- WordPress email or phone support is $90 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour required.
- After the first hour, the support is calculated in 15-minute increments and charged out at $15 per 15 minutes.
- The first hour needs to be pre-paid bank transfer and any additional time will be invoiced to you after the support is complete.
- Payment must be made in full after the support is completed.
What should I have ready?
You will need to have the following ready for your WordPress training:
- WordPress login including the URL, username and password for e.g. yourdomainname.com.au/wp-admin.
- Your hosting or Cpanel login.
- The FTP login.
- FTP details include; FTP hostname, username and password.
- Any images, text or PDFs you need.
- You need to make sure they are optimised (ready for web).
- If you don’t know what this means, then this can be part of your training.
- We can show you how to make the images smaller in file size to make your website faster.
- If you are not sure about these credentials, call your hosting company and they can send them to you.
Tasks we prefer not to perform in the training
If a clients site is very old and outdated, which means the theme is old and/or plugins and the WordPress core files have not been updated for years. Then we will not update any of this in the training.
The reason for this is;
If the site crashers because it is so outdated we may not have time to fix it in the allocated training time.
You may need a new theme completely, or to replace old plugins with new ones. So as you can imagine this will take some time to complete.
We will, however, make suggestions and will be happy to do the work for you. We would have to make a complete backup of the site and investigate everything thoroughly before proceeding.
We will then provide a quote to fix any issues.
We will code CSS and HTML. But we will not code PHP as this takes more time.
Again we are happy to provide a quote for any additional work required.
Travel fee (optional)
We may charge a small travel fee depending on where your office is located.
- Please email us for more details.
- If you want to forfeit the travel fee;
- Come to our venue in Neutral Bay or in Pyrmont CBD.
- If you can’t travel far, we offer WordPress training
via Skype Share Screen.
- It’s cheaper and no need to leave your home.
- See our training rates for more detail.
After hours training
We offer after hour WordPress training on Saturdays at Neutral Bay only.
We offer one on one training up until 6pm. But if you cant make this time, we can do Skype training from 6-8pm.
This cost is $99 per hour.
Weekends: Saturdays only.
We offer one on one training on Saturdays at our Neutral Bay location only.
- $250 for 2 hours.
- Minimum of 2 hours.
- $110 per hour for additional hours.
We also offer Skype training – click here to view details.