Learn to Make a Professional Website in Wix – Wix Course Sydney
Do you need a website and you need it online fast? Do you need a website you can manage yourself to save money?
Are you a start-up business, don’t have a big budget but really need a professional website? Then Wix is for you!
Walk away from this Wix course with your own professional website set up and ready to add your own content!
Make a website with Wix Course is currently taught on demand. We can come to your office or home to teach you Wix.
Wix Course Overview
In this Wix course we cover the following:
Choose a website design that is mobile friendly.
Create professional page layouts.
Add pages with text & images.
Use the navigation menu.
Format content e.g headings, links, PDF’s.
Add a slideshow & gallery.
Add a Blog.
How to install Apps.
Add a contact form.
Add Social Media.
Add a Google Map & YouTube video.
How to set up on your own domain name.
Make a Website with Wix Course
Absolute Beginners Course.
HTML based software.
Drag and drop features.
Mobile friendly website.
No coding required.
Website can be built online.
TAE Certified Trainer.
You can use PC or MAC.
You can be online in the course.
No hosting required.
Free Google friendly tips.
FREE E-book provided.
Free Facebook questions after course.
* Conditions apply.
Currently our Wix course is taught on demand.
We will teach 1 on 1 for $395 at our Brookvale office or we can travel to you. This is an additional cost.
Call us to arrange a suitable date call: +61 408 406 785.
What we GIVE you
- E-Book with instructions.
- TAE Certified Trainer.
- Easy to follow course.
- Website advice.
- Expert knowledge to manage, update and maintain a simple website.
- Email for more details about our Make a Website with Wix Course.
What type of website will we create?
We will set up a test site, so you get the full experience of setting up a website from scratch with Wix. If you want to build your website in the course we can do that as well.
A domain name
You will use a temporary domain on the day and then you can easily add your own domain later. This just ensures no one will find your site until you are ready to go live.
A professional design
You get a wide range of designs to choose from. To choose the correct theme for your website by doing some research first. Once the theme is chosen you can not change it without building a new website. So thats why we use a test site first.
Mobile friendly website
Your Wix website will look good on all devices because all Wix themes/designs are automatically created for mobile as well.
You can also tweak the mobile view from within Wix.
in the course we will add some generic pages and show you how to edit these in the navigation menu. You will be able to add as many pages as you want after the course.
We will add some dummy text on the day or your own if you have it ready. Please bring your text in a Word document if you have it.
You will add some dummy images on the day. Then you can add your images later at home – it’s very easy!
Wix is amazing as it supplies you with a huge range of free images and paid ones from within Wix.
You will learn how to add a blog. Having a blog is a create way to add fresh content to your site and keep your visitors engaged. Google loves fresh content.
A blog could includes;
- how to’s.
- News & updates.
- Business activities and more.
We will show you how to re-create page layouts. This gives you more control over the look of your pages.
We will show you how to add a YouTube video. YouTube video is great for your visitors and the search engines.
Adding a Google map is handy for your visitors and keeps Google happy. We like to make your Wix website as user friendly as possible.
We add a basic contact form for your visitors to get in touch with you!
Slideshow or Gallery
Perfect for anyone wanting to display images as a slideshow or a gallery.
Social Media Icons (optional)
We will add social media to your Wix website. You will need to have these accounts set up first. If you don’t you can always add them later once you do!
Social Media is a crucial part of a business, as it creates online awareness about your business on the Internet. Google likes this too!
We will show you the apps that are available to Wix.
This course will teach you how to Make a Website with Wix from scratch with no coding or technical skills required.
Cost, Time & Training Rooms
Make a Website with Wix – $395
You can come to our training rooms at Brookvale.
OR We can come to your office or home for an additional $100 to cover travel time and expenses.
This is a 4 hour course. You can choose any time within office hours.
We can also teach you on a Saturday for an additional $100.
EMAIL for more details.
Who should do this course
- A TOTAL beginner with little or no technical skills.
- You MUST have basic computer skills.
- Small businesses that want to create a website.
- Perfect for a start-up website with little or no budget.
- A small business owner who needs a professional website that is easy and quick to get online.
- Anyone who wants a website that they can update and maintain themselves to save money!
- This web course will teach you how to make a website with Wix course and get you live on the Internet in 1 day.
What you need to bring
- Your laptop + powercord.
- Wifi is supplied (make sure your computer connects to wifi).
- We supply you with our latest up to date Wix E-manual.
- Pen and paper to write notes.
- Design ideas.
- Any images, logo or text you have.
- Any questions you may have.
Wix Vs WordPress?
This option is based on our professional experience in the web design industry (over 10 years). It is entirely up to you which software you choose to build your website with.
- Wix is a great website builder.
- Wix is not a content management system.
- So you are limited to what you an manage in the backend.
- It is perfect for start-up businesses with a small budget.
- It’s great for anyone who wants to design their own website themselves.
- It is free up to start with.
- Once you want to remove the Wix ads, you then need to upgrade to a paid plan.
- The plans are relatively good value.
- Check out this link – http://www.wix.com/upgrade/website
- Wix is drag and drop so it is fairly easy to use for someone who is not very technical.
- It has a lot of professional design to choose from.
- Once you have chosen a theme you can;t change it without re-building the site.
- It’s mobile friendly by default.
- It is possible to tweak the mobile slightly view within Wix.
- It has free apps (applications) to use.
- Apps can add great features to your website for e.g. Facebook like box, newsletter signups, booking system and much more.
- There are also paid apps as well.
- You do not need to buy hosting as Wix hosts your site within the packages.
- You can add your own domain.
- Wix now has basic SEO features to make the website more Google friendly.
- WordPress is a content management system.
- This means you as a website owner can mange the entire backend and frontend of the site, without restrictions.
- WordPress software is free to install on any hosting.
- You can use WordPress.com or WordPress.org.
- WordPress.com doesn’t need hosting. It’s free to start with.
- To remove the ads, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.
- The plans are relatively good value.
- You need to buy hosting for WordPress.org
- You can add your own domain and email to WordPress.org
- WordPress admin is more advanced than Wix.
- You can manage all your site from within the WordPress.org admin.
- It can have multiple users that can manage different parts of the website.
- Depending on the theme, you can have drag and drop features.
- It has over 5000 free professional themes to choose from.
- Check out this site for paid themes.
- It also has 1000’s of paid ones you can buy from the Internet.
- It’s has mobile friendly themes available.
- It has free plugins.
- Plugins are apps for WordPress.
- There are over 45,000 free plugins.
- Plugins can add any type of functionality or feature to your website.
- You can build any type of website with WordPress – small to large business websites.
- The possibilities are endless.
- Check out these amazing sites built in WordPress – https://wordpress.org/showcase/
- Check out our WordPress Training.