Learn to make a simple logo with pixlr.com. If you can’t afford a graphic designer to make a logo. Make a simple logo yourself!
Let’s make a simple logo
Pixlr is great online software. It is very simple to Photoshop but it’s FREE.
If you sign up for a free account, you can then log back in to edit your saved files.
You can make a simple logo for your website or make images for your pages.
- Go to https://pixlr.com/editor/
- Click on Create a new image
- In the popup box add the following:
- Name: type your business name
- Width: 350px
- Height: 90px
- Check the Transparent box
- Click Ok
- Click the Type Tool (Text Tool)
- In the Text box – type your business name
- To select the text click back on the Text Tool
- Highlight the text and select a font type
- Go to Size: Choose a size the fits the text into this window
- Go to Color: Choose a colour
- Click Ok
- Go to the text layer > click on Layer styles (bottom of layers panel)
- Click Drop shadow
- Add the following:
- Opacity: 39
- Distance: 3
- Size: 0
- Colour: choose a light grey
- Click Ok
- Go to File > Save
- Save the Format as PNG – this keeps the transparent background
- Save to your computer
- You can then load this image up on your website
You can create other images for your website with this software as well. Just make sure you always make the file size smaller so your pages load quickly.
By Jodi Allbon
Original content 2013
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.