Pru from Locus Non Consequensia needed some urgent 1 on 1 WordPress Training. To create a site in WordPress to present artwork for Locus Non Consequensia. Pru had already set up something in WordPress.com with the default WordPress theme but it wasn’t looking how she wanted it to.
Unfortunately, WordPress.com didn’t give her the theme she wanted. Or the plugins she needed to finish creating the site. WordPress.com was too limited so we ended up buying some hosting. Then moving to WordPress.org.
Pru had 2 hours of face to face WordPress training and we tweaked the website, to look how she wanted it to be. Both Pru and her client were very happy with the end result.
This is what we covered in the WordPress training
- Moved WordPress.com to WordPress.org
- Bought hosting with Quadra hosting
- Exported the old content from WordPress.com to WordPress.org
- Installed a better theme/design
- A free theme from the WordPress directory
- We added additional content, pages, images
- And added a gallery for the artwork
- Pru learnt how to edit the images
- Web-safe images are crucial for fast loading pages
- You can use a free program like reduceimages.com to edit the size and quality
- Create a home page suitable for the client
- Added the following features:
- Instagram feed
- Social media icons to the footer
- And a contact form
We did all of this in 2 hours of face to face training.
This is the website – Locus Non Consequensia
Check out the website – https://www.locusnonconsequensia.com/
Click the link for more information about our WordPress Training.
Written by Jodi Allbon 2017
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.