Lighthouse Speech Pathology Centre came to us wanting a completely new website designed. They signed up for our Build your own website course – so they could achieve exactly what they wanted. And also to learn how to manage the website ongoing.
Their current website was built in WordPress but the design was outdated. And the theme was so customised that they couldn’t edit the site at all. The old website was also not mobile friendly either.
Due to the nature of their business, the client wanted a private training option. So building the site one on one gave them that peace of mind. Rather than outsourcing it.
What we did in the training
- Set up the new site in a separate folder
- So the current website was still live
- Installed WordPress
- Installed a premium WordPress theme called Divi. [ad]
- We give DIVI for FREE.
- The ladies from Lighthouse Speech Pathology Centre already had a vision of what they wanted.
- They had chosen their colours, which was greens and blues.
In the first session, we did the following
- Set up the generic pages. That is; home, about contact, services, our team, values etc.
- Customised the home page with a slider and content with Divi builder.
- Then we populated each page.
- We added some essential plugins. Such as; security, backup, anti-spam, and social media.
- Lastly, an Events plugin.
In between sessions, Light House Speech’s team added more content.
In the second session
- We set up the client portal.
- This was quite a complex system to set up.
- They wanted the portal for their clients to log in and view private resources just for them.
- Including videos, PDFs, music and audio.
- They learnt how to add new clients and set up each client’s resources.
The team from Light House Speech Centre is continuously working on their site and adding content regularly.
Check out Lighthouse Speech Pathology Centre’s website.
Written by Jodi Allbon 2018