Kate from Learning Ventures had an old HTML website that desperately needed re-vamping. The style was very outdated and not mobile responsive. Meaning it looked terrible on a mobile phone and iPad.
We needed to rebuild the entire site. The website didn’t have too many pages. So it wasn’t an issue to rebuild the website from scratch.
Kate took the – Build a WordPress website course which is the perfect solution for transferring an old site into WordPress. She also learnt how to use it and add to the site when needed. For example to add and update images, text and videos.
This is what the website looked like before
This is what the website looks like now
What we covered in the training
- We set up WordPress in a test folder on Learning Ventures own hosting.
- We installed Divi theme by Elegant Themes.
- This is free with this course and valued over $100 AUD dollars.
- The course was broken up into 2 x 3-hour sessions.
- In the first session, we set up all the main pages.
- Created the customised home page.
- Added a Youtube video.
- We basically set up the main structure of the website in the first session.
- In between the first and second session, Kate added some text and images.
- Then in the second session, we completed the website.
- We set up the blog – which is this case is referred to as their resources page.
- Including video blogs.
- Then we added more content to pages, added a team page & footer content.
- We connected a link to their webinar site on Zoom.
- Lastly, added an SSL security certificate to the site to make it more secure.
Kate from Learning Venture will continue to edit and update the site. She was very happy with the outcome of the new website and how much she achieved in the training to build the new site.
Check out the Learning Ventures website – https://learningventures.com.au/
Written by Jodi Allbon 2018