Cara from BOOM Virtual Business Solutions came to us to learn how to make her own website. Her plan was to set up her own small business website for her virtual administration services. So she needed a website asap. Cara came down to Sydney from Newcastle to attend our 4 hour WordPress training course. We used the Divi theme once again! For its amazing flexibility in layout and design. The best thing about doing a course to build your own website. Is that you get to control what it looks like. In addition, you get to learn how to edit your site. Possibly saving you thousands of dollars!
Check out the BOOM Virtual Business Solutions website
What we did in the training
- Installed WordPress on the hosting platform.
- For those of you, who don’t know what hosting is. Hosting is where your website files are stored!
- Set up the Divi theme.
(This is an affiliate link – yes we do earn a little commission for referring Divi). We love Divi!!
- Created all the standard pages and services.
- Cara wanted a blog to attract traffic to her site.
- So we set up the blog.
- Then Cara how to create posts.
- Add featured images and categories.
- Above all, how to manage the blog ongoing.
- Next, we looked at canva.com to create the images and logo.
- With Canva it’s easy to create beautiful graphics and logos.
- Social Media is an important part of any website.
- So we added the Social follow icons to the footer.
- We also added the Social Follow icons.
- This is so visitors can share Cara’s posts.
- Lastly, we added a contact form to capture the details of her potential clients.
To sum up
Cara from BOOM Virtual Business Solutions was stoked with the end result. She could finish building the site in her own time. And most importantly will be able to update it whenever she needs to.
Check out the website – https://www.boomvirtualbusinesssolutions.com.au
Written by Jodi Allbon 2018
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.