Beach House Culburra – Re-Design
Shae – The owner of The Beach House Culburra needed to re-design her old website for her beach house. It was built in HTML which made it impossible for her to edit and re-design herself. It wasn’t looking good on a mobile device either.
See images below
What we covered in the course
- We first moved the web hosting to a better, Australian hosting company called – Quadra hosting.
- Installed & configured WordPress.
- Installing the Divi theme.
The steps to rebuild the site included:
- We created a new home page based on a design Shae chose from the Divi Showcase website.
- Shae had images already taken from the property.
- We made these images web friendly.
- Then added them to sections in the site.
- We added her pages and her own text.
- Created a navigation menu.
- Created a gallery page of some images from the beach property.
- The website needed a booking system, so we bought a plugin to do this, which needed to suit the way the property could be booked.
- The plugin works great!
- We also added social media and a contact form.
Shae will continue to add to the site as she now has the training to do this herself.
Again we used the Divi theme for it’s flexibility in layout. Click here to view – Divi by Elegant Themes.