Beach House Culburra – Re-Design
Shae – The owner of The Beach House Culburra needed to re-design her old website for her beach house. The old website was built in HTML which made it impossible for her to edit and re-design herself. It wasn’t looking good on a mobile device either.
See images below
What we covered in the course
- We first moved the web hosting to a better, Australian hosting company called – Quadra hosting.
- Then installed & configured WordPress.
- We set up a new theme called Divi.
- Which is free with the course.
- Divi is a very versatile theme and has a great page builder that anyone can learn how to use.
- Making it easy to add elements like galleries, slideshows, buttons, forms and much more.
The steps to rebuild the site included:
- Creating a new home page based on a design Shae chose from the Divi Showcase websites.
- She had images already taken of the property. So we used these throughout the site.
- We made these images web friendly.
- Then added them to sections in the site.
- Next, we added her pages and her own text.
- Then, created a navigation menu.
- And a gallery page with some images of the property.
- The website needed a booking system, so we did some research first and found a premium plugin for this.
- The form needed to work with PayPal.
- Lastly, we added social media and a contact form.
Shae will continue to add content and images to the site as she now has the training to do this herself.
Again we used the Divi theme for its flexibility in layout.
Click here to view – Divi by Elegant Themes.