Suzie, from Absolute Wellbeing, is a Kinesiologist and Naturopath located in Castle Hill. She already had a basic website set in WordPress, which she accomplished this herself! So we are off to a good start!
Suzie wasn’t entirely happy with the free theme that she used. So we decided to change the theme over to Divi. Once again my favourite theme as a developer to use for its versatility.
Suzie came to our Pyrmont office and we completed this in only 2 hours! With our 1 on 1 training.
Check out the Website – Absolute Wellbeing
What we did in the training
- WordPress was already set up so we just dived into designing the new site.
- We gave Suzie the Divi theme for free in the training.
- Saving her over $100 AUD.
We then continued to:
- Set up the basics including date, local time.
- Added all the mains pages.
- Then built these page layouts from scratch.
- Using the Divi builder. Drag and drop!
- Created a blog.
- Suzie learnt how to add posts.
- And format the content for easy reading and SEO.
- Blogging will help Suzie build up her SEO quicker.
- SEO meaning – how the search engines see your site.
- And place it into the search engines listings for people to find.
- Suzie already had a logo made up, so we just edited it and then added it.
- We talked about images
- And how to make them smaller for the web.
- This helps make your site fast!
- Which is needed for your visitors and Google!
- We added 2 plugins.
- A Social Media one – free with the Divi theme.
- This is for people to follow her.
- And for visitors to share her content.
- A must for any website!
- We also added a Newsletter signup plugin that integrates with MailChimp.
- MailChimp is the best free software to use to write newsletters.
- Especially when you are just starting out!
Suzie did an amazing job for someone who has no experience in web designing!
Check out the website – https://absolutewellbeing.com.au/
Written by Jodi Allbon 2018
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View her credentials here.