Suzie, from Absolute Wellbeing, is a Kinesiologist and Naturopath located in Castle Hill. She already had a basic website set in WordPress, which she accomplished this herself! So we are off to a good start!
Suzie wasn’t entirely happy with the free theme that she used. So we decided to change the theme over to Divi. Once again my favourite theme as a developer to use for its versatility.
Suzie came to our Pyrmont office and we completed this in only 2 hours! With our 1 on 1 training.
Check out the Website – Absolute Wellbeing
What we did in the training
- WordPress was already set up so we just dived into designing the new site.
- We gave Suzie the Divi theme for free in the training.
- Saving her over $100 AUD.
We then continued to:
- Set up the basics including date, local time.
- Added all the mains pages.
- Then built these page layouts from scratch.
- Using the Divi builder. Drag and drop!
- Created a blog.
- Suzie learnt how to add posts.
- And format the content for easy reading and SEO.
- Blogging will help Suzie build up her SEO quicker.
- SEO meaning – how the search engines see your site.
- And place it into the search engines listings for people to find.
- Suzie already had a logo made up, so we just edited it and then added it.
- We talked about images
- And how to make them smaller for the web.
- This helps make your site fast!
- Which is needed for your visitors and Google!
- We added 2 plugins.
- A Social Media one – free with the Divi theme.
- This is for people to follow her.
- And for visitors to share her content.
- A must for any website!
- We also added a Newsletter signup plugin that integrates with MailChimp.
- MailChimp is the best free software to use to write newsletters.
- Especially when you are just starting out!