Subsequently, Kerry approached us to get her website rebuilt with the same design but in a theme that she could modify ongoing. As a result, we used the Divi theme for this!
This is new 3 in 1 Productions website
Problems with the old site
- The theme was old and outdated.
- All the pages were coded, making it impossible for Kerry to edit.
- The badly coded theme was slowing down the page load.
- The theme could not be updated to match the WordPress core files. In other words, making it vulnerable to hackers.
What we did
- We set up a new site on Kerry’s hosting so no-one could see it.
- This way we could work behind the scenes, whilst her current website was still live.
- We installed the Divi theme.
- Then, we built the structure of the website including;
- The pages, navigation menu, logo and footer content.
- And added the plugins we needed to replicate the current design.
- Next, we re-created each page to look the same as the live site.
- There were 6 pages in total.
What we did next..
- After we created all the page layouts, we imported the old posts in from the live site.
- And set up the new blog layout.
- We also added new portfolios for each category in the site.
- Kerry just had to go in and re-add the images to the posts.
To sum up
We rebuilt the site over a few weeks and then Kerry attended some WordPress training to learn how to manage and edit the site ongoing. Kerry was happy with the new theme. As she can now change things when she wants.
Click the link if you need help with your Small Business Website.
Written by Jodi Allbon 2019.
Web Designer/Trainer – Adv Dip, Dip, TAE
Jodi is a qualified WordPress Trainer and Designer with an Advanced Diploma in Digital Media (2D And 3D Animation, Web Development) and a Diploma in Web Development. She has been a Website Trainer at the Northern Beaches Community College since 2008 and a WordPress Tutor for NSW TAFE since 2016.
Jodi has developed several web design courses including, a WordPress Beginners Course and Build your own WordPress Website for small businesses. These courses will teach you how to update and manage your website ongoing. Giving website owners more control over their website, thus helping to keep costs down.
View Jodi’s credentials here.